Monday, May 30, 2011

Simply Monday- Double Up







I don't love to cook. I don't know why but I think the deciding what to make is just as bad as the cooking itself. What I do love though is making everything as simple as possible and still having a meal that my family will eat. One thing that has worked for me is making extra. Especially things like lasagna and chicken enchilada which take awhile to make but my family loves. So, the solution I've found is to make a double recipe and freeze the second portion. I use the disposable tin pans and cover them in tin foil. They are easy to freeze in and easy to cook and even easier to clean up (gotta love the garbage can!) Some other things that I make extra of are sweet pork and shredded chicken for bbq chicken sandwiches. These are so easy to throw in the crock pot and then freeze the extras in ziploc containers. When I was a single, working mom and didn't have lots of spare time, I would cook up a few pounds of ground beef every week or two and freeze it in separate containers to make throwing it into a pasta sauce or casserole super easy. We are going to be using this idea alot this summer with our camping trips. It will save money and time and make easy meals to take with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment