Thursday, March 10, 2011

My Excuses......

I seem to have so many excuses as to why I keep gaining weight and why I don't have time to exercise. Here's the top 10:

10. I like to read- it's so much more fun than exercising.
9. The prescription I take causes weight gain.
8. When I eat less I burp more.
7. My house is a mess and I need to spend the time cleaning it instead of exercising.
6. I don't want to go to the gym cause I don't like how I look.
5. I can't get on the treadmill early in the morning cause it might wake up the kids.
4. It's hard to get started on a new routine and stick with it.
3. I did Weight Watchers one year, isn't that good enough ?
2. I hate to feel pain!
1. I'm so good at procrastinating- tomorrow never comes :)

My good friend Darci has started a new thing on her blog called 5k Fridays. A few weeks ago, I thought that sounded good but I don't think I could run a 5k. Last week she asked me if I had done my exercising for 5k Friday, I told her that it's just so hard to get started.

This week I decided to take those excuses and find something that works. I have successfully exercised everyday this week and already can feel a difference. I am in a little pain but I finally feel like its worth it. This is what I have come up with to combat my top 10 excuses:

1. I went to the library and got books on cd which I then put on my Ipod to listen to while I exercise. I also put some talks on CD on there which is super motivating.
2. Since I don't want to wake the kids, I have been cleaning the house when I get up instead of after they leave for school which leaves time for the exercising after they go.
3. Instead of making my perscription an excuse, I have to make it a reason to try even harder.
4. I have an appt with a new doctor next week to try to figure out my stomach problems, but since for now I'm going to burp whether I like it or not it's not going to be an excuse anymore.
5. If I don't lose some weight I will not fit into my summer clothes from last year !!!!! ( I would rather fit into the ones from the summer before that!)

I know that this wont be an easy journey but it's one I have to take. Wish me luck :)

4 comments:

  1. Yeah for you. And I agree, it is always easier to do something besides exercise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know all to much about the prescription thing. It is harder to lose weight. I am proud of you though. I think you will learn to love exersicing. It is my outlet as a mother. Love to do it.

    ReplyDelete